Sunday, March 22, 2009

Nine

Your post reminds me of Alexander the Great, more specifically, something that was said about him. "As he gazed over the breath of his domain, he wept; for he had no more worlds to conquer"...

Where's the parallel? I'm hoping you see it; your post hinted of one who has a deep appreciation for both language and nuance, but, its best not to assume.

Many people think twice when considering to walk down a path less travelled; you, however, seem like you like for such adventures; the mysteries to be discovered, quagmires to engage (or sidestep), strangers to bond with, on the journey you both find yourselves on. This is somewhat different though. How hard was it to realize that what you seek was not readily (if at all) available in your environment? As you admitted in your post, you hung out your sign, and then got a deluge of responses. I take it none understood what you sought? Or even worse, some did, but thought against the time and effort required to secure your interest?

Either way, true courage is when one admits the truth to oneself. Which is why I decided to write. Not may people today know what honesty is, much less have the will to face it head on. Being alone is indeed better than suffering the words of knaves and fools, but no person is an Island, that unto themselves.

I've never had a problem attracting the opposite sex, nor have I had any problems in holding the attention of a room with my words. Why, then, am I responding to an ad on CL? Same reason you wrote one. I cannot find what I'm looking for in my own world, and have come to realize I have to expand my search.

[specific details about appearance and lifestyle that are more than swoon-worthy]

If the above has piqued your curiousity, and you would like to learn more, I welcome a response, and we can go from there. If not, I hope I have not offended in any way, and good luck with your search.

No comments:

Post a Comment